HFC R32 Products
LG R32* refrigerant range of Splits, Multi and Commercial Air Conditioning Equipment.
Wall Mounted Splits Multi Splits Commercial split
Wall Mounted Splits (click to download)
Engineering Data Book
Regulations and Recommendation
Kigali Amendments UK Progress F-Gas F-Gas Guidelines
WHY R32 ?
R410A is considered HIGH GLOBAL WARMING POTENTIAL GWP 2088 IF LEAKED ... BUT Non-FLAMMABLE
R32 is considered LOW GLOBAL WARMING POTENTIAL GWP 675 IF LEAKED ... BUT MILDLY FLAMMABLE
- R32 is an HFC refrigerant Category A2L (A2L not Used in Large Splits and Multi splits or VRF systems ). It is not a long-term refrigerant, cannot be dropped in, requires Specific Building Regulations (not written yet), require specif specific training, require specific guidelines (see LG installation recommendations).
- R410A or R134a or R407C are HFC refrigerants (common AC refrigerants which are A1category used in Splits, Multi, Commercial, VRF, Chillers, Roof Tops ) - (See F-Gas 2014 Regulations Specifically point 3 (new HFC ban)
Any A2L refrigerants (low of mildly Flammable) LEGALLY requires :
- Awareness of F-Gas & A2L Alternatives
- Training. Increase access to A2L refrigerants training. (there are 0ver 45,000 F-Gas A1 certified engineers) Official courses will start in Sept 2018!
- Regulations. Local regs on use of flammables in public spaces need to be reviewed
- Codes and Standards. Required to allow for design and safe use of A2L refrigerants including procedures in handling, storage, maintenance, tooling, labeling etc.
Is it the final solution? :
There two regulations that affect the reduction of current HFC refrigerants with high GWP.
The European F-Gas and the Kigali Amendments to Montreal Protocole.
None of them is legally binding and there is no phase-out, but both rely on the future innovation of new Lo GWP refrigerants and equipment manufacturers ensuring no waste and better control on leakage (40 % of refrigerants used in AC/ Refrigeration is used in servicing). see links to both.
An important website to find out more we highly recommend: http://www.gluckmanconsulting.com xxx