HFC R32 Products
LG R32* refrigerant range of Splits, Multi and Commercial Air Conditioning Equipment.
Wall Mounted Splits Multi Splits Commercial split
Wall Mounted Splits (click to download)
Engineering Data Book
Regulations and Recommendations
F-Gas Guidelines ACRIB F-Gas ACRIB Training FETA A2L Intro UK Progress F-Gas
UN Extracts Kigali Recommendations
WHY R32 ?
R410A is considered HIGH GLOBAL WARMING POTENTIAL GWP 2088 IF LEAKED ... BUT Non-FLAMMABLE
R32 is considered LOW GLOBAL WARMING POTENTIAL GWP 675 IF LEAKED ... BUT MILDLY FLAMMABLE
- R32 is an HFC refrigerant Category A2L (A2L not Used in Large Splits and Multi splits or VRF systems ). It is not a long-term refrigerant, cannot be dropped in, requires Specific Building Regulations (not written yet), require specif specific training, require specific guidelines (see LG installation recommendations).
- R410A or R134a or R407C are HFC refrigerants (common AC refrigerants which are A1category used in Splits, Multi, Commercial, VRF, Chillers, Roof Tops ) - (See F-Gas 2014 Regulations Specifically point 3 (new HFC ban)
Any A2L refrigerants (low of mildly Flammable) LEGALLY requires :
- Awareness of F-Gas & A2L Alternatives
- Training. Increase access to A2L refrigerants training. (there are 0ver 45,000 F-Gas A1 certified engineers) Official courses will start in Sept 2018!
- Regulations. Local regs on use of flammables in public spaces need to be reviewed
- Codes and Standards. Required to allow for design and safe use of A2L refrigerants including procedures in handling, storage, maintenance, tooling, labelling etc.
Is it the final solution :
There two regulations that affect the reduction of current HFC refrigerants with high GWP. The European F-Gas and the Kigali Amendments to Montreal Protocole. None of them is legally binding and there is no phase-out, but both rely on the future innovation of new Lo GWP refrigerants and equipment manufacturers ensuring no waste and better control on leakage (40 % of refrigerants used in AC/ Refrigeration is used in servicing). see links to both.
An important website to find out more we highly recommend: http://www.gluckmanconsulting.com xxx