In 2015 R-22 refrigerant will be illegal!
As of 1st January 2015 the use of R-22 refrigerant in any A/C, heat pump or refrigeration equipment for service or maintenance purpose will be illegal.
Why is R-22 refrigerant coming to an end?
R-22 is the most widely used refrigerant in the world, however it is classified as an ozone-depleting substance and is subject of a phase-out programme under European Community (EC) Regulation no. S.2037/2000 and 1005/2009.
What does this mean?
It will become illegal to use R-22 refrigerant in any AC, heat pump or refrigeration equipment for service or maintenance purposes, from 1st January 2015. (It is already illegal to use virgin R-22).
VRVQ, R-22 Direct Replacement system
Daikin’s VRVQ was introduced to reduce the cost and disruption of replacing existing older VRV systems, mainly those that were designed to use R-22 refrigerant. VRVQ enables the use of existing pipe work and can connect to certain existing fan coil units, subject to Space Air site survey findings.
Why replace with Space Air?
Space Air has worked with Daikin for over 32 years therefore offers experience that is second to none.
- 5 year extended warranty
- Engineering & service back up
- The entire Daikin product range 1kW ~ 1MW
- Expert advice on controllers
- Daikin VRVQ R-22 direct replacement system
- A dedicated R-22 replacement advisory team
- Unparalleled expertise in the air conditioning industry
- Maintenance programmes and health-checks
- Equipment replacement / upgrade programme advisory services
- System commissioning / decommissioning and warranty support
- Site surveys and schematics (piping and electrical drawings)
- Energy consumption and CO2 emission simulations
- Remote support (telephone and web access)
If you would like further information on R-22 replacement call us on 0845 319 1980 or view our R-22 replacement page.